My top choice for lightweight portable wheelchairs
My Review of the Drive Medical Super Light, Folding Transport Chair
I have been having a little bit of trouble getting around lately so my kids purchased a very lightweight portable wheelchair for me. I don’t need a wheelchair all the time, so this option was perfect for my needs. In fact, I used it a few weeks ago when my daughter took me clothes shopping at a mall and when I went to dinner with my son.
It was surprisingly very comfortable and very easy for my daughter and son to push around. They purchased a wheelchair pillow seat that made it even more comfortable for me to sit in.
- Easy to get in and out of
- Easy to fold and put in the trunk of a car
- Very light, yet also stable
- Has padded bar for comfortable pushing
- Smooth ride
- Highly rated by Amazon customers: 4.3 / 5 stars
- Doesn’t come with a seat cushion
- Armrests need to be longer
- Weighs 19 pounds
- Includes a carry bag with a shoulder strap
- Made from ultra lightweight aluminum
- Padded flip back padded armrests
- Fold down foot rest
- Standard wheelchair brakes
- Folded dimensions are 28″ x 22″ x19″
- Comes with a velcro seatbelt
This wheelchair has given me more freedom to go more places…I just love it! Although they call it a transport chair, I have used it for excursions that I might never have gone on. It’s still relatively new, but so far, so good! If you would like to purchase the Drive Medical Super Light, Folding Transport Chair, please visit our Amazon Mobility Store.
Thanks again for stopping by!
Related Article: Helping Your Elderly Parents Avoid Falls